Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Traveling Blues

This is a March of the Bloggers guest post!

"The Traveling Blues"

by Mandy of Little Maison

***

Today we've got a blog post very close to my heart. With me is guest blogger Mandy who runs Little Maison, a blog all about her life and the lovely things in it.

Today's post highlights her trip through northern California and southern Oregon with some Frock Stock inspiration to follow! As a fellow Californian (who came to Chicago 4 1/2 years ago), reading through this post brought up so much nostalgia and love for my old home.

***


The Traveling Blues
By Mandy @ Little Maison (http://littlemaison.com)



Whenever I return home from a vacation I get the traveling blues; happy to have gone away, but sad that it's over!  I reminisce fondly of blue skies and fresh air to keep the feeling of vacation alive.

This past September my boyfriend and I set out on a mini road trip through Portland (Oregon) and Northern California.  It was a trip filled with my favorite combination of nature and city.  I captured the sights along the way and have paired them up with a few of Frock Stock's Spring finds below.  I hope this inspires you to set out on your own adventure and keep those traveling blues away!

Featured above is the breathtaking Ocean Beach in San Francisco.  The air is so crisp, can't you just see this polka dot scarf blowing in the breeze.

Dance the Polka Sash in Mint (Out of Stock!)


We stopped in Sausalito, California to enjoy the view of San Francisco from the water's edge.  This little sun dress is perfect for a stroll along the bay.



This photo was taken as we rolled by on the streetcar in San Francisco.  This breezy top is ready for running errands around town.



Bright doorways on the small streets of Portland Oregon were picture perfect.  I can just see this gathered skirt with flats walking through the city.



Of course, what California trip would be complete without a little wine!  The wineries in Sonoma were superb.  This peplum dress can go from day to night with ease.



photography © Little Maison


***

Although I grew up in southern California, I spent my summer last year at an opera program in San Francisco and I have to say these items definitely embody the city's ambiance! This made me miss that lovely city a lot.

Now if you loved the post you definitely have to head over to Mandy's blog for a special Frock Stock surprise.

Don't forget to leave Mandy some comments about her beautiful photography and post! This is the last week to win free jewelry so comment, comment, comment!


<3 Loren of Frock Stock

4 comments:

  1. what an adorable post. :) i love the pictures with the corresponding outfits! great job mandy!

    lovelovelove
    @madisoncary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madison - it was a fun post with the Frock Stock items - they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved this post! I'm from SoCal so this hits close to home. Now I currently reside in Portland! So funny! I definitely miss the lovely beaches in Cali! Love the post!! :))
    xo Smitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! I really love the Portland, OR photo and skirt. Such a perfect match! ~Madeline

    ReplyDelete